Do you seek to be more effective in your workplace and with your team? There are a hundred different ways current culture will advise you to try, from efficiency apps to full-on A.I. supplementation; however, the solution to increasing your effectiveness in the workplace probably isn’t as complex as it seems.
Prominent author and businessman Stephen R. Covey breaks down some attainable and sustainable ways that you can improve in his book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. These habits are tried-and-true methods that will help you effectively lead yourself and your team.
Below are Covey’s habits and descriptions—click the habit title and read more about how you can implement it into your life!
- Be Proactive. Focus and act on what you can control and influence instead of what you can’t.
- Begin with the End in Mind. Define clear measures of success and a plan to achieve them.
- Put First Things First. Prioritize and achieve your most important goals instead of constantly reacting to urgencies.
- Think Win-Win. Collaborate more effectively by building high-trust relationships.
- Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood. Influence others by developing a deep understanding of their needs and perspectives.
- Synergize. Develop innovative solutions that leverage differences and satisfy all key stakeholders.
- Sharpen the Saw. Increase motivation, energy, and work/life balance by making time for renewing activities.