With the leaves changing colors and that nice cool crisp feeling back in the air, the autumn season has finally arrived! Are you looking for ways to enjoy the fall without falling into debt? Well, get your pumpkin spice, grab a football, and pick up that rake in the garage, because we’re about to explore some great ways to enjoy fall traditions on a budget!
- Go Apple Picking: One of the most iconic fall activities, apple picking is a great way to get outside, get some delicious and healthy fruit, and enjoy the harvest season! By checking out your local orchard you can enjoy a fruitful afternoon with the family and walk away with some delicious juicy apples to snack on.
- Have A Bonfire Night: Bonfires are the perfect way to warm up on a cool autumn evening, and the perfect occasion to invite your friends over to roast marshmallows and hotdogs on an open flame. You can save by having everyone bring a s’mores ingredient, and you can even go hunting for sticks in the woods to fuel the fire!
- Tailgate From Home: You don’t have to buy those pricey tickets to the big game to enjoy a tailgate with your friends and family! Watch the game from home and grill burgers from your own backyard. Plus, if your party is potluck style, you can split food costs by having everyone bring a tailgate treat.
- Carve Pumpkins: Fall means it’s time to find the perfect pumpkins for carving! Whether you create a more traditional Jack-O-Lantern, or try a new artistic direction on your pumpkin, the whole family will have fun carving their own creation. It can be tempting to go to a pumpkin patch to pick out your pumpkin, but you can actually save some money if you purchase from a grocery store where pumpkins are less expensive.
- Spooky Movie Night: Fall is spooky season after all, so why not plan a movie night where you watch a few of your favorite Halloween movies! Most low-cost streaming services have Halloween film collections. You can also use the apples you’ve picked and the seeds from pumpkin carving to make tasty snacks like caramel apples and toasted pumpkin seeds as your film fest snacks!
- Play In The Leaves: Who doesn’t love raking up a big pile of leaves and then jumping into them? Your kids will love any play time they can get in the leaves, whether they’re just doing a cannonball into the colors, or building their very own leaf fort. And all it costs is a little afternoon yard work. Plus, if you want to teach the value of a hard-earned dollar, give your kids a few dollars for a job well done after they help you bag the leaves.
Feeling that Fall fever now? However you enjoy the season, there’s plenty of great ways to find fun activities that save on your fall budget! And don’t forget, if you’re looking for an affordable way to take a fall adventure Inspire Federal Credit Union has your back! You can cover your travel expenses with a personal loan or use your home equity to make your fall dream list a reality with one of our home equity loans. Contact us today!